Kidney Coordinated HeAlth Management Partnership
Specialty assistance without the office visit
How Kidney CHAMP works:
During your routine PCP office visit, an alert will notify your doctor that an eConsult (computer based consult) was done by a UPMC nephrologist (kidney doctor) and remind him/her to review any kidney recommendations. Your PCP will discuss these recommendations with you.
Chronic Kidney Disease creates a heavy burden on patients and healthcare systems
- 31 million US adults have CKD (15%)
- By 2030, 1 in 6 adults will have CKD
30 million Americans have kidney disease. 9 out of 10 don’t know it.
There are usually no symptoms of kidney disease until your kidneys are badly damaged. Kidney disease happens slowly over many years, and in stages.
Chronic kidney disease may be preventable. Finding and treating it early may delay or even prevent kidney failure.
- As a patient participating in Kidney CHAMP, you will get specialized kidney care.
- Your PCP will get recommendations from a Nephrologist (kidney doctor) and Pharmacist, after reviewing your medical chart.
- You will receive kidney education from a nurse, that will be scheduled at your convenience.
- Kidney CHAMP will link with your upcoming office visits to minimize additional trips to your PCP
- Each initial contact and 6-month follow-up occurs in together with your scheduled visits to your PCP
- Kidney CHAMP will minimize hassles for you while allowing you to benefit from the suggestions of a kidney doctor
- There is no charge to you!